Activities to reset your thoughts in a positive direction, improve your mood, and get moving towards your goals!
This course is here to help you reset the following:
- Your ability to accomplish your goals and stick to positive habits.
- How you feel about yourself.
- Your mental and emotional state.
You'll do this by:
- Addressing how you feel about, and react to, failure.
- Acknowledging and planning ahead for obstacles you’ll face on your journey to improving yourself and achieving your goals.
- Building up a tool-kit of exercises, in the form of journaling prompts or worksheets, that will (a) increase your awareness, positive emotions, and motivation in the moment and (b) can be referred back to whenever you need another reset!
This course is all about regaining mental clarity and improving how you feel about yourself so you can feel more capable of making your goals happen!
It’s called Reset Rituals because it creates a daily practice of doing a self-reflection activity that is meant to give your brain a bit of a … reset! I hope to help you siphon through your not-so-helpful thought patterns so you can get back to feeling good and getting shit done!
We’ll look at the feelings that come up when we fail to achieve our goals and how we think about ourselves and our capabilities as a result of not accomplishing these goals.
I think we’re all totally capable of feeling great and making our dreams a reality, but sometimes we get so bogged down with work, unwanted responsibilities or life events, and negative thought cycles, that we need to take some time to pull back, reassess, and reset.
You can expect to address what’s getting in the way of you being your most productive, authentic, and happy self - including things like perfectionism, fear, and unhelpful mindsets towards failure. Think of this course as a mental clear-out, or a “mind-minimalization”, followed by a re-decoration, with a positive, more colorful flare!
Is this course for me?
This course is for you if you feel:
- Like you’ve lost sight of your goals or how to achieve them.
- Like you’re not confident, productive, or capable enough to succeed right now.
- Like you always set goals for yourself but never acheive them.
- Unfulfilled, worried, or apathetic when you think about your life currently and frustrated that you’re not farther ahead.
- Overwhelmed when you think about the goals you’ve yet to achieve.
- Hurt by your own negative self-talk.
- Like making positive change happen in your life
What will I gain?
While working through this course, you’ll be building up a reservoir of positive, self-reflection exercises that can be referenced back to whenever you need a feel-good boost!
- About the importance of setting goals based on how you want to feel.
- How to reflect on failures and address how your emotional reaction to them can create a negative cycle.
- How to address unrealistic ideas of failure in order to make some real progress!
- How to set yourself up to achieve your goals by planning ahead and being realistic about what obstacles, negative thoughts, and emotions you’ll face.
This course should make you feel:
- Refreshed - less mentally jumbled, overwhelmed, and chaotic.
- Accepting - of where you're at, how you feel, and who you are.
- Capable - of moving your life in a positive, healthy, and good-feeling direction and facing obstacles and failure.
- Positive – about yourself, what you’ve accomplished, and what you’re going to accomplish in the future!
How is this course laid out?
This course contains 2 weeks’ worth of daily activities, aka “rituals”, with the choice to use the questions as journaling prompts or to complete them on a worksheet.
This is less so a conventional course, where you’re being taught, and more of a series of exercises or activities that require self-reflection and will lead you to learn more about yourself and how you can feel better and make greatness happen!
How much time will it take?
Each day will have a little write up, about the purpose behind the activity, followed by self-reflection questions to answer. Each lecture, including reading and answering the questions, will typically take between 10 and 20 minutes, depending how much thought you put into answering the questions.
I'm Jess and I'm glad you've found my Teachable page! I love to write, read, and get all up in that self-development shiiiiit! My favourite topics include habits, positive thoughts, and communication.